“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? -Matthew 6:25-26
This verse has been on the forefront of my mind the past few weeks as God has taken care of us during a lean time.
Relocating can become quite expensive with new licenses, insurance, car tags, deposits and other costs. Add to that missing a week of pay, adjusting to being paid monthly as well as owning a home and renting; money has been tight in our household!
It does seem that during lean times we’re able to see how God takes care of us and that we have nothing to worry about.
We began the month of November looking over our finances and were several hundred dollars short of our regular budget. We picked out the necessary items (rent, house payment, insurance, utilities) and decided that there would be absolutely no miscellaneous spending and we would use our yard sale money to pay cash for any groceries we needed.
Over the course of the past 3 weeks, we’ve been blessed in many ways:
- We received a check back from our old car insurance!
- We overpaid approximately $17 on our new insurance and received a refund!
- We were sent a sweet card with a $30 gift card enclosed!
- Our electricity/water bill was about $100 less than we had budgeted!
- We had dinner with John David’s Aunt and Uncle one night and she sent us home with leftovers which fed us for the next 2 days!
(And those are just a few that came to mind!)
We never go without the things we need – God always provides!