2 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup lard (or shortening)
1 cup finely chopped country ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
2 1/2 tsp butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1. Measure flour into large mixing bowl. Cut in lard until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add ham, cheese, milk, and sour cream; mix until well blended.
3. Knead gently on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut biscuits.
4. Bake on baking sheet at 450° for 8-10 minutes.
5. Brush tops with melted butter.
These are delicious and perfect for breakfast!
I also freeze these! To freeze, I don’t brush with butter and I freeze them in packs of 2. When we’re ready to eat them, I defrost for approximately 2 minutes and then warm for 1 minute! Makes a wonderful, convenient home cooked breakfast biscuit!