This recipe is from my mom, it was one of our favorites growing up! It’s really easy and inexpensive and comfort food. It is just perfect for a cold winter night!
1 chicken, cooked & cut up
2 cans cream of chicken
2 (soup) cans milk
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups rice (either instant or cooked)
1 can Rotel
1. Put diced chicken in bottom of 9 x 13 casserole dish, pour Rotel over chicken.
2. Mix cream of chicken, milk, chicken broth and rice; pour over Rotel.
3. Cook for 50 minutes at 350°. Add cheese and cook 10 more minutes!
(I halved the recipe to fit in my 8 x 8 casserole dish!)
Ways to Make Chicken, Rotel & Rice Casserole Healthier & More Frugal:
- Make your own Cream of Chicken!
- When you boil your chicken, use that broth to make homemade chicken stock!
- Use brown rice instead of white.
- Don’t purchase instant rice, it’s much more expensive!