I wanted to share our 2009 financial goals not only to share with my readers about how we live but also for accountability, if I write it and publish it, it better happen!
Here are our goals:
1. Save 3 months living expenses by December 31. We cheated and used some of our emergency fund towards our home, we almost had 3 months saved but decided to borrow from ourselves instead of the bank!
2. Pay $3,000 towards our “small loan”. Our home did not have appliances and needed painting, carpet cleaning, air systems cleaned, etc. so we borrowed some money, I can’t wait to pay this off and have the mortgage as our only debt!
3. Make an extra principal payment every month. We plan to add whatever we can to the loan in order to get it paid off as soon as possible!
4. Keep all Miscellaneous spending (Medicine, Toiletries, Clothing, Gifts, Everything but food) under $100 a month. We’ve been doing this a few months now and plan to continue it to stay on budget! With CVS, coupons, and thrift stores this shouldn’t be too hard!
5. Sell $500 worth of stuff from around our home by July 31. I actually began this on August 1, 2008 and so far I have sold $113.57 in little stuff around the house such as books and scrapbook supplies! I have $386.43 to go which means I have to sell $55 worth of stuff each month!! I think this will be challenging but since we moved and I am decluttering big time hopefully we will reach it!!